Wednesday, March 14, 2018

entering a plea

 It was reported that the kid that shot and killed 17 people at Parkland High School says he'll plead guilty if the death penalty is removed from sentencing. Think about that, he'll plead guilty by pleading for his life ! Why aren't we just saying, you're guilty kid and you will die ! This trial is just a formality, a crossing of the T's and a dotting of the I's. To even entertain the idea that he would be spared the death penalty is beyond me. This kid is 17 years old and commits mass murder. The cost to imprison this criminal is currently about 70,000 dollars a year. A major portion of that cost is for health care ! Think about that. He gets free, top notch healthcare for life for killing 17 people ! How is that justice ? And then we have those folks saying we shouldn't kill him , it's wrong. The same people that are funding Planned Parenthood I might add. But it's the rifle's fault right ? We will restrict the rights of the law abiding citizen in response to a mass murderer that we house, feed, provide health care and educational opportunity too ! Oh, but he is just a kid. Makes me sick. If we allow this kid to go unpunished, withholding the ultimate punishment how can we expect our law to act as a deterrent ? Given time, there will be interviews, a made for TV movie, and royalties to fight about.
 It just irritates me to no end. Why does this kid even get to say, I'll plead guilty, like it is some sort of deal ? You are guilty ! I don't need your pleas ! All that is left to be decided is how and when in  my book. Are you afraid of dying kid ? Well, what a shame. You should be afraid. Be very afraid, I just might enter your cell and begin shooting at you ! I can see no reason you aren't dead right now. You're guilty, we know you're guilty, you have been given plenty of time to plead with your God, if you have one. And that should be the only plea allowed in this case, a plea for mercy from a benevolent God. You will get no mercy from me. Yes it is God that will make the final decision, but I'll be the one that sends you there to explain yourself. Tell it to God, I'm done with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment