Friday, March 23, 2018

a finality

 Mysteries are memories lost in time. If we learn to travel in time can we then find those memories ? I suppose we will, if we find the carrier of that memory. But, I wonder if they will remember ? I'm living and I forget things already, can I be expected to remember forever ? I do think we remember the things that hold some importance to us, not so much what was important to others. That's just human nature. But what of those mysteries that were purposely hidden for whatever reason ? Will those memories be released in time ? What I mean is, will we tell what we were unwilling to tell when we were here on this earth ?
 I guess if we learn to travel in time we can just travel to the time we want to know about and witness it for ourselves.  Still, if that person was hiding something then, a mystery, it would still be mysterious wouldn't it ? I'm talking about time travel, not mind reading. Of course we could collect clues to solve the mystery. We could become detectives in the past attempting to discover the future ! Hmm, I don't know,  I've waited too long to ask Stephen Hawking about this. I always seem to be a little late, or is that a function of time as well ? Am I lingering in the past ? Maybe I can travel in time but that is as far as I can go, just a few minutes. It is all very mysterious. I have unsolved mysteries about myself ! Just why did I do that ?
 It seems the longer I am around the more mysterious life becomes. At least there are a whole lot more questions I want the answer to. I haven't discovered anything that has changed my thinking in a fundamental way, no big clue. I do believe being here is only for a short time,  but it is not the end of time when I leave. I also believe my soul, the energy that created me, will continue on. I think it may be disbursed among those that remain here. I am counting on others to keep me " alive " for succeeding generations. I am writing these blogs and such as an insurance policy. A just in case you forget about me sort of thing. But, I will not write it all, there will be mysteries left. That is because I believe there are private moments, private memories, best left between you and your God. You can explain later on, I hope.
 Death is a mystery unsolved. We believe we have some answers. I don't believe we will ever fully understand it, not when we are here anyway. Will we receive an explanation later on ? I don't believe God, or whatever you conceive that entity to be, owes an explanation. Perhaps we will receive that information as a gift. Or is life the gift ? Gifts should be accepted with gratitude, not demands. The task is to be worthy of the gift. Is that the meaning of life ? Could be, it's a mystery though. It is something I like to think about. I am in no hurry to know the answer, preferring to take my time and ponder all the possibilities. There will come a day when I can't take whatever answer I give back. It is going to be a finality. Or is it ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment