Monday, March 12, 2018

a brief statement

 Today is one of those days I just don't have much to say. Surprising I know. But I heard a coffee shop in Oakland California has openly stated they don't serve uniformed Police Officers. Sounds like discrimination to me but we will have to check with the Supreme court on that. Of course this coffee shop is owned by members of the Latino community so it probably isn't discrimination at all, just a little misunderstanding about the law. After all, the civil rights act of 1964 doesn't specifically say you can't discriminate based on occupation ! But, I'm not going to get started about that. The Police have stated they will serve that establishment should the need arise. Personally I know what I would serve them, but I'm not a professional law enforcement officer.
 Yesterday, for some unknown reason the question of travelers checks came up. I googled it and yes you can still get travelers checks. Surprisingly some folks still use them ! Have you ever used one ? I seem to recall having them for some purpose although I really can't recall why. Other than the Navy I haven't traveled a lot where I would require them. Fact is I haven't ever had that much money to worry about having them either. Credit cards and ATM's have all but eliminated them. Shoot I hardly ever use a regular check these days, just debit it directly from checking. I have to admit, it's an improvement.
 Well that's about all I have to say this morning. I am wondering though just where common sense has gone ? Did someone forget to bring that into the 21st century ? All I know is it is scarcer than hen's teeth these days. We have a drug abuse problem and we blame the drug. We have a problem with gun violence and we blame the gun. We have an unwanted pregnancy and we kill the child ! Are you seeing a trend here ? Common sense can cure all of that. Don't take drugs, don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot, and don't have sex unless you are ready to accept the possible result of that action. It's really not that hard people.   

No comments:

Post a Comment