Tuesday, August 1, 2017

fifty two days

 Here it is, August. Amazing how quickly the summer seems to be going. They say the older you get the faster time appears to be. I would concur with that assessment. Time is a relevant thing, Einstein told us that light is the constant. That theory of relativity has been proven correct. That happened in Feb of 2016 according to the scientists. So that means that light is the only constant in the universe. What we need to know now is the source of that light. But I've already written my thoughts on that subject. Remember Einstein said  Energy =  mass x speed of light squared. Pretty heady stuff wouldn't you say ? I've heard it said that just before you die you see a bright light, is that heaven ? Is that the constant ? Well, like I said I've already written my thoughts about that. I am just thinking, it's August already.
 I was born in July but a number of life events have occurred to me in the month of August. The first was joining the Navy. I was officially sworn in on Aug 9, 1971. That took place at Fort Hamilton, New York. It is a day I remember well. Over the years other events, both major and minor have taken place in the month of August. I wasn't really drawn to a pattern until recently. As I was working on the family tree I began to notice the month of August appearing a lot. Births, deaths and baptisms galore. I began uncovering those ancestors and finding those dates. It did become a noticeable thing. So now I face the month of August with some degree of trepidation. It is probably just a silly notion, a coincidence of sorts, but still the feeling persists. It could be that it is because some " secrets " reside in the month of August. Those secrets are the things I choose to not talk about. Yup, I have secrets. Secrets aren't always about anything nefarious or evil you know. Secrets are sometimes just things that are painful and so best left unprovoked.
 It is a common theme this notion of time speeding up as we age. I think it is just the result of spending more time looking where we have been instead of where we are going. The path left behind is certainly longer than the one before us. When we are younger we don't see it that way at all. All we see then is the road ahead. We also tend to think it goes on forever. Well, it does but that is a matter of faith isn't it ? The issue some have is they just can't see that path at all and so deny its' existence. We do have to get through the gate don't we ? Is the key faith or belief ? That is what we spend a lifetime trying to figure out is my thinking. Are the two different things ? I believe that they are. Belief is nothing more than a strong opinion based in proof or probability. Faith is a strong religious belief that requires no proof whatsoever. If I believe something I search for truth. If I then believe that truth no proof is required, I have faith. I think that is how it works. How much faith do I have in that analysis ? I believe it. Time does tend to rush at us when we are faced with the truth. Is it belief or faith that continues the journey ? Moreover one would have to ask, does the journey continue regardless, just on a different path ? Only time will give us the answers to those questions. I'm in no hurry.  Whoa, let's just slow down and enjoy the summer. There are still 52 days of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment