Saturday, August 26, 2017

sqeaking and squawking

 I have been using a seagull as my profile picture for a while now, I do think it is appropriate The other day when I wrote my post called " Quit Squawking " a friend pointed out that I do squawk a lot. It is a fair statement and I take no offense. I would also say there are times when I should just quit squawking, although that is unlikely as it is part of my nature. Some of us identify with the mountains, some with the sea. Apparently I identify with the gulls. I did enjoy the book Jonathan Livingston Seagull and still have a copy around here somewhere. He was a different sort of fellow, always questioning things. I'll take it.
 My own dearly departed father often compared me to a gull. He would say , " you don't do anything but eat, *hit and squawk. Looking back I can see where he got that impression at times. Hey, I was a kid once. I might have been worse if we had video games back then, Fortunately all we had was pong, and that got boring real quick. As a result I did spend a lot of time just asking questions and trying different things. Mostly I tried to be my father, which meant building things or repairing stuff. I even fixed stuff that didn't need fixing. As I result I did learn a broad variety of skills  although I profess no mastery of any one. I am the quintessential jack of all trades, master at none. No musical or artistic talent however. But I can squawk !
 Now having that pointed out to me, my inability to quit squawking, was a valid observation. I have given it some thought. I was writing about discretion and deceit. I admit I do forget about the discretion part a great deal. I'm thinking this blogger platform has liberated me somewhat. Liberated me from the basic tenets I was taught as a child. Is it progress ? Well not always is my response. And so I offer my apologies in advance for my indiscretions. In all fairness however I did include that warning in the description block for this blog. Have any of you taken the time to read that ? LOL, or have you glossed over it like those " terms of use agreements "  that pop up so often ? Be honest now. That isn't the first warning block I have had to include, there is one on a group I formed on Facebook as well. That became necessary when some other folks were offended by the mere posting on a link to this blog ! I wasn't aware that link was also a trigger ! But that is all water under the bridge so to speak. I hold no ill feelings toward anyone. I'll just keep on squawking though. Sometimes that squawk can turn into a screech ! I hate it when that happens. I'll try hard not to screech. On the other hand one does have to remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I do hear a lot of squeaking ! Those squeaks make me squawk ! It is a never ending cycle.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment