Sunday, August 20, 2017

I've got time

 This isn't the first time I've felt like I was waiting for something. This happens to me every now and again. I feel like I'm waiting for something but have no idea what that something could be. It is similar to a change in the weather, it's uncertain, but my radar is going off. I can sense something is about to happen. Or, maybe not. Isn't that a frustration ? I do know from past experience it is also something you just can't force. All you can do is remain patient. On the bright side I have learned that patience comes with age. I find that a bit ironic. When you are young you are in a hurry, impatient to get on with whatever dreams you have. As you age you do learn not to be in such a hurry. You do learn to quietly accept the day and whatever that day has to offer. The irony ? The older you get, the less days you have to enjoy them. Well the emotions of youth are difficult to harness that is certain.
 Make it happen is a cry I hear often. I would say there is a time and place for that, but not now. I would only want to make it happen when I am certain of the result. Risk taker I am not. Oh, I don't mind taking some risk when ability is involved. I have faith in my abilities but not unbounded confidence. I do like to deal with reality, as I see it. There are many things that I would like to see changed in this world. I am aware that I can't change them all. With a little luck and " stick to it'ness " I can make a difference in at least one persons life. I'm certain of that. What more I can do is left up to fate to decide.
 We are each here for a purpose, I believe that. Whether or not I need to know that purpose, I haven't decided. I'll just have to remain patient. If I need to know it will be revealed. They always are, at least that is what I have read. There have been a few that claimed to have " found " their purpose, but I still think it was revealed, but they decided to take credit for it. I believe that because your purpose is a gift from your creator. It is what you are to do. You will do it regardless and it makes no sense to me that the creator would hide that purpose from you. He would have to hide it before you could find it, right ? Of course he could then reveal it after having hid it. I'll have to think more about that.
When it is revealed to you, is that also for a purpose ? What purpose could that be ? A reward perhaps. An acknowledgement by that creator of your worth ? Or is it just a way to motivate you to accomplish that task, that purpose, before your time runs out ? Some of us do need more encouragement than others. Those that require less are often called adventurous. There is a thin line between adventurous and reckless ! That is my thinking on that anyway. As I said I'm not much of a risk taker. That is why I'm waiting I suppose. I guess I should be glad I'm not in any hurry. If I felt rushed that might be a bad sign. I'll just look at it as, I've got time. I'll be patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment