Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Price and priority

  Just listened to a commercial on television where you can finance your bathroom for 72 months, interest free! Wow, what a deal. I haven't looked into all the details of this fantastic offer but I'm certain there is a catch in there somewhere. If I act right now I can also get 2500 dollars off the entire project. And no charge for labor. How could anything go wrong with that? Six full years to pay for my bathroom remodel, same as my car, except I have to pay interest on the car loan. So just how much is this remodel going to cost? The average price for a new car in America is 48,000 dollars. I'm thinking that is likely the cost of that remodel. And they can usually do it in a day!
  Well whatever the cost, whatever the deal is, I'm just sitting here smiling. I'm amused with the thought of financing your bathroom. It certainly must be the popular thing as I see ads of those type from several different outfits. If it isn't a chair lift, it's remodeling the bathroom. Well, unless you need new windows from Anderson. All of that is presented to you for your safety, convenience, peace of mind and cost savings. It will definitely increase your quality of life. Especially that low step shower. I remember when the big thing was having a radio in your shower so you could sing and dance while cleaning up. Not a very safe thing to promote. But today you can even get a fold down seat in that shower. We seniors need that stuff. It's a low step shower or the rest home, take your pick.
  It certainly must be a profitable business given the frequency of the ads I see. I'm urged to call right away and I can have that done before the holidays. They are booking up fast though, better act now. You are going to have company over the holidays right. Imagine if they see your old, outdated bath. I mean what will people think? You had best get that new black finished fixtures, it's the latest thing, probably comes with wi-fi so you turn on that rainfall showerhead from anywhere. Everyone wants to take a shower in the rain don't they? Certainly worth committing to a six year obligation. I'm guessing the toilet hasn't changed all that much as I'm not hearing anything about that in the ads. I did install my own "right height" toilet in my bath though, less than 125 dollars at Lowes. No financing required and man my quality of life was doubled. 
  It is one of those things you notice as you mature, priorities and prices. We all establish both in our lives. For some the latest style in clothing is a priority, for others it is a car and still others a home. Our priorities will change over time and circumstance. Then we will look back at the past and wonder what where we thinking. Entertainment has become a top priority for many today. In a way that has always been so as everyone always seems to have money for vice. The prices go up but cigarettes, booze and sex still sell quite well. Yes, some are now having to buy the generic version of Marlboro's and cheaper beer but they are still buying. The nightclubs are doing fine regardless of pricing and the law. It's funny how everyone will complain about the price of those items that are the necessities in life but only when their "entertainments" cut into that budget. Bread costs too much! I'm still buying the beer though. I'm old enough now to be incredulous when it is suggested I finance my bathroom for six years. That isn't my priority and the price is crazy.    

                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment