Sunday, August 27, 2023

offended

  I'll start by saying I have never been a fan of Alice Cooper. I have never been interested in his music or his antics. But I did just finish listening to a news broadcast explaining how he lost his cosmetics contract. Apparently, Alice offended the LGBTQIA+ community. I imagine that is a large portion of the cosmetic company's customers. Their marketing people must have said, whoa, we can't have that. But what Alice said was the plain truth of the matter. Now we all know you're not supposed to tell the truth anymore, you have to perpetuate the fantasy, much as they did in the old days of professional wrestling. Kayfabe, they call that. Now Alice said he understood that there are those that are transsexual, but his concern was children were choosing that simply because they want to be cool. Alright, not the way he said it exactly, but the meaning was clear enough. That is if anything Alice says is coherent. He is a bit more coherent than Ozzie though, so there's that. What he was talking about was the power of suggestion. You could also call it influence and peer pressure. It is the introduction of adult themes and ideas to the juvenile mind. Concepts that those minds are not ready to deal with. That is especially true with prepubescent youth. It's like expecting them to buy a car before they have ever driven one! You don't know what you want, like, or need. A gallop polls shows about 7.2% of the population identify themselves as LGBTQIA+. I expect that number will increase over the next decade or so. 
  In that same broadcast they showed a clip of Carlos Santana apologizing for saying the truth. Carlos said, women are women and men are men. But then as quick as Joe Biden he flipped a switch and explained how it was hurtful. He was sorry and didn't intend to offend anyone. Guess he was thinking about that black magic woman, her magic was stronger than he realized. That he chose to apologize for stating the truth makes me sick. Is he afraid of being canceled? Look it's not like he is the new kid on the block and has to be careful about any of that. I get it when you're trying to get established, trying to keep your job, or some other similar circumstance. That's just common sense. But you are Carlos Santana. Are you worried about selling your next record? When was the last time you sold a record? Makes me sick. There are men and women, that's a scientific fact. Why apologize for saying that. Jackson Pollack, Picasso, and others have made and sold paintings worth millions of dollars, but I don't like any of them! I think that stuff is crap. I don't care what you think about that, and I won't apologize for that. You can play dress up all you want, pretend to be whatever you like, but you ain't changing what you were born. That assignment is permanent. Doesn't matter if you like that or not. It is what it is. 
  I've said it before, and I'll keep on saying it. I don't care what you add to or subtract from your body. I don't care what clothes you choose to wear. I don't care what pronoun you prefer. None of that defines your gender. All of that defines your mental state. If you live a life in denial of reality that is a mental condition. It isn't a community, it's a list of aberrant behaviors. Seven plus aberrant behaviors that currently comprise about 7.2% of the population. That is what it is, that is the reality. It isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact. If as a white man, I suddenly decided to tint my skin and identify as a black man, should I expect the world to accept that? What if I chose to be an Asian? Wait, that's cultural appropriation! Can't do that! I 'm a nudist, why can't I just walk around naked everywhere? The reason is that is aberrant behavior. How is that different than a six foot six 300 lb. man wearing a tutu and spike heels? An aberration? I'd say so. If the truth offends you that is a mental condition, a disorder of some type. It happens to all of us occasionally. The majority of us do not insist that everyone else change the facts to suit our feelings, however. We learn to live with the truth. The hardest person to convince about anything is yourself. Sure is easy to lie to yourself because you never get a different point of view, no one to spoil the illusion, well until they do. Then, you're offended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment