Saturday, February 6, 2021

my bad

  Yesterday I was placed in Facebook jail for violating community standards. Yes, I did, guilty as charged. I posted a comment, really just a smart remark, what the kids call snarky, on an article about Joe Biden. It was then I was informed by the secret police that I was bullying! Yes, I was being a bully and could possibly hurt someone's' feelings. I was asked by the mysterious powers that be if I agreed with their decision or not. I did chuckle to myself and hit the, I agree button provided. Yes, I had violated community standards, I agree with that. It was a mean thing to say and I certainly hope it didn't harm anyone's mental health. I was relieved when they also informed me that no one else had seen it. Apparently they caught it just in time. But a few moments later I got another message from the big boss of Facebook that I had done this once before, back in January. As a result I would be banned from posting any comments for a twenty four hour period! Well, guess that will teach me a lesson. It's been twenty hours now and I think I'm going to manage. I am thinking about suing though, for mental anguish, I feel like I just got bullied! 
 The whole incident is amusing as far as I'm concerned. I agree I violated community standards and that they have the right to block me. My opinion in that regard hasn't changed. It's a free service to use and I feel they have the right to limit who uses it and what the users post. I can just go somewhere else. So for that reason the punishment felt like being sent to the corner of the classroom. Hey, remember when teachers could do that to you? Stand in the corner, facing the wall until you are told otherwise. Same as having to put that gum on the end of your nose. Yes, this punishment has about the same effect. Maybe they should insist I post, I will not bully anyone a hundred times. LOL But whatever,  it was amusing to me because of the blog post I had written yesterday as well. In that post I was talking about the dangers in social media. And then, there I was, in violation. It's a mark on my permanent record! That was part of my premise, whatever you post on social media is a permanent record. Now, an employer could check me out and say, well, that guy is a bully, ain't hiring him. It's obvious to everyone now, I don't care about community standards! I was mean and said mean things. 
 I suppose it is just a part of my upbringing. I was told, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Today it seems like, if you can't stand the heat, demand air conditioning. Really I see it as the policy of, just shut up. Free speech is only allowed under the community standard. If the community doesn't like what you say, you can't say that. It's the Democratic way, right? The person that owns Facebook, that controls the community and establishes that standard, Mark Zuckerberg, is a Democrat. One can only surmise that is the policy. When you have the power, just silence the opposition. It's the old, I'm taking my ball and going home gambit. All you can do is laugh about it. Yes, I enjoy using Facebook, but I don't own it. I'll just have to learn to play nicely with the other children. I am being punished for my indiscretion. 
 I stated an opinion. It was an opinion that violated the community standard. It was an opinion that hasn't been adopted as a fact by the community. Now, questioning the validity of election results, you know whether there was cheating going on, is a matter of opinion. There has been no conclusive investigations performed to clearly show that there wasn't, in fact it has been reported that there was indeed ,at least some, but just a little bit you know, not enough to matter, yet on Facebook and according to the main stream media, it's a fact that there was none. Do not try to voice a different opinion on that! That opinion is now a fact. Same fact that says Bruce Jenner is now a woman! Opinion turned fact. See how that works? So I stated my opinion about Joe, I suggested his administration would be an administration of appeasement, I called him spineless Joe. Bam, I violated community standards. What if Joe Biden read that? I mean c'mon. I'm certain the President of the United States is checking my page for comments, I should be more sensitive. Well, he is a lot older than I am, that much is true, I shouldn't bully the elderly. My bad.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Your sarcasm is not lost on me. Might want to watch for the google police too

    ReplyDelete