Friday, May 18, 2018

social priority

 Although I pay little attention to such things I can't help but hear about this royal wedding. Harry and Meghan Markle, whoever she is. Harry I have heard about since his Mom was killed in that accident. I don't have a clue about that woman. Seems like somebody said she was divorced and that she is half black. I guess the politically correct term is mixed race. Whatever, I really don't care. I don't see what the big deal is. Rich folks spending ridiculous  amounts of money. Yeah, I know it's their money. From what I hear about 45 million dollars. All of that just goes to show me one thing, we have plenty of money to spend on entertainment! That fine socialized medicine that the British citizens enjoy couldn't afford to treat those babies, pull the plug on them was the order, but the royal wedding! We have plenty to spend on that! Well okay it isn't government money right? Yes, the parents of the bride are footing the bill, or is it Harry? Whatever, my point is when it comes to being entertained the public will pay up big time. After all, there is money to be made from this extravaganza of decadence! It's like a three ring circus.
 I don't have anything against the royals, couldn't care less about them in fact. What they do and who they marry is no concern of mine whatsoever. I wish them good luck and a long life. Bottom line is they are just people to me, no different than anyone else, just born into wealth. I honestly don't understand the fascination with them. But, then again I'm not much of a fan boy by any measure. I'm not just very impressed by wealth. I admire people of talent, musicians and such that entertain me, but I certainly don't fawn over them. I'm as equally certain they are not concerned with me or what I think.
 Well, I hope all goes well and nobody gets hurt. Enjoy the wedding. I heard that dress cost 340,000 dollars. That's a lot for something to be worn once. Is it a waste of money? Depends upon your priorities I suppose. I just can't imagine having that much to spend for a dress. I don't know, maybe give that socialized medicine a few more dollars to spend on saving children's lives but then again, it's a royal wedding so we have to establish priorities. You might call it a social priority!         

No comments:

Post a Comment