Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Seeing results

  Later today I go for cataract surgery. I was informed by my doctor that needed to be done. I have to say I wasn't really aware of the loss of vision. Fact is, he is going to do both eyes, just one at a time, probably a prudent thing. It's pretty amazing if you think about it. He will be replacing the lens in my eye. I've had it all explained and read about it. I think it is amazing how they will just fold the news lens and slide it in where it pops open again. Only takes a minute or two. No stitches required, just eye drops for the next six weeks. I'm told my vision will be all cleared up. I'm told that I will probably still need to wear glasses. Well having worn them since I was in third grade I would feel very strange without them. But we will have to wait and see. No pun intended. I have found it difficult to not make such puns and references when talking with the Doctor, well with any Doctor as far as that goes. When first told I had cataracts I said, I'll keep an eye on things. To his credit the Doctor didn't roll his eyes, or groan. 
  And so that's what I'm thinking about this morning. I'm not worried or concerned about it, it is a simple procedure. It is done everyday with excellent results from all I've read. I did get a choice of lenses too, I decided upon the basic lens, nothing too fancy. My appointment is at eleven and I'll be done and out of there by noon. My son is going to drive me over and back. The rain is supposed to be coming our way, but nothing too serious here. The majority of the rain will be north of here. I'm looking forward to it. Well unless you are looking in a mirror, you are always looking forward aren't you? That's a question for the optometrist. I will be happy to just get it over and done with. That's how I am, once I decide to do something I like to get it done, no more talking about it. Get'er done. Hopefully I will be seeing the results in just a few days. LOL  

1 comment:

  1. I watched the procedure in 'real time' when Mike had his done, on closed circuit tv. Nothing much, but incredible results. He said he couldn't believe how much brighter and how much clearer everything was, even though he didn't realize how it had affected his sight before the surgery. GOOD LUCK, Ben. I hope it's all good for you

    ReplyDelete