Thursday, November 1, 2018

being bullied

 Now this is something I hear a lot about, advertisements on television, posters, flyers and campaigns. This is something that is universally accepted as wrong. It is something that should never be allowed or tolerated in any fashion whatsoever. What is it? Bullying. Don't be a bully. And what is bullying? Here's what the dictionary says: " seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce " I'd agree with that general meaning of what it is to bully. I don't think it applies to just an individual, but can be applied to groups or even nations! Aren't some on the left accusing Trump of doing just that? Trump is bullying them by threatening to withhold funds. Trump is bullying people by wielding the power of his office. I hear that from those on the left all the time and they are outraged. Yes, it's a terrible thing, this bullying, whether from an individual, group or nation. Funny I haven't heard any condemnation of the bullies heading for our border from those on the left. If that group isn't trying to bully there way into the United States I don't what else to call it, short of an invasion force. The intent is certainly to coerce the United States into allowing them entry. And now some reports say they are armed. A group of thousands, chanting slogans, spewing forth anti-American rhetoric regarding our President is intimidation. How could you define that in any other way?
 There are those on the left saying we should aid these invaders. It's a humanitarian thing. If I assembly a group of people and storm the local bank demanding money should I be given that money because, well, it's a charitable thing? I'm trying to flee poverty? There are those on the left saying, this group is seeking refuge. Their countries are too dangerous and they are being threatened. They are afraid to resist because of violence toward them. And why should I fight when I can just intimidate another country into accepting me. All I have to do is gain entry and I will receive housing, food, clothing, education and some spending money to boot! Sounds like a sweet deal to me, and all I have to do is act like a bully. Just join the crowd, women and children first!
 Make no mistake about it, it is bully tactics. They are using threats to intimidate and coerce the American people. I have no doubt the conditions in their own countries are less than favorable. I have no doubt there is suffering and abuse. I also have compassion for their plight. None of that excuses their actions. We all know there is something behind a bully that makes him a bully. There is much talk about all of that, trying to understand the motivations behind there actions. I don't hear a single person saying, just allow the bully to get his/her way because it a humanitarian thing, an act of compassion. I do hear, in loud shouting voices, banners waving, complete condemnation for the bully! So how is a group of thousands of bullies an acceptable thing? Are you saying being a bully is fine as long as the bullies have a majority? That does seem to be the reasoning of the left. Imposing your will upon others by threats, intimidation and just plain giving someone the bum rush is acceptable when you have sufficient numbers. The experts recommend doing this is when you are confronted by a bully. " Use direct, assertive communication and body language to address the bully." That's the advice after decades of research into how to stop bullying. I'd say stationing our military along the border is direct, assertive communication. The intent is clear enough. We must stand up to this crowd that would bully their way into our country. I'm not anti-immigration, I'm anti-bullying.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment