Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In my opinion

I follow a few other blogs and enjoy reading their insights and observations. Their blogs are much more popular than mine. I guess they are a bit more interesting to a broader based community. Occasionally one will write or mention something that I totally get. That happened this morning and is the impetus for this entry.
She mentioned how some had accused her of lying or perhaps fabricating some of her stories. I'm sure this hurt as I have experienced the same reaction. I can empathize completely.
Each of us speak or write about our own truths. They may or may not agree with your own concept of the truth. Neither of us are wrong. Unfortunately there are no absolutes in this world. But that is also what makes life interesting. I can only write from my own unique perspective. No one sees the world the way I do. I can't see the world the way you do either.
I do wonder why one would leave such a comment. What is it's purpose? What is the gain ? Those sort of comments are not constructive. I may feel compelled to point out a different view but to call someone a liar or a cheat ? Someone you have probably never met and know little about. Curious behavior. Falls into the same category as those that prank or harm without even knowing their victims. I mean,what is the point if I don't get to see the prank ? What fun is that ?
I've been accused of being opinionated. Guilty. I have been accused of being argumentative. Guilty. I will argue any point with anyone if they are so inclined. That goes along with the opinionated part. I will try to convince you to see it my way. One should speak or write with conviction. Anything less than that is a waste of time.
I have heard it said that a tall tree catches the most wind. That is a simple truth. The trick is to be able to bend to that wind. It is a difficult thing to bend to it without snapping back. I know for me, I want to snap ! I try to refrain from that reaction as much as possible. It is easier to do in writing than in real time. I find it easier to stay supple if one exercises. That goes for the mind as well as the body. Those that would leave negative and mean spirited comments have allowed themselves to become dry and brittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment