Sunday, March 3, 2024

It's wrong

  Went into Baltimore yesterday, well on the outskirts anyway, for a birthday party. I saw a MDOT bus. MDOT stands Maryland Department of Transportation. Its public transportation funded through state taxes. This bus was painted like a rainbow and had emblazoned on it, support LGBTQ+ communities. First off, I don't think any of my tax dollars should be used to promote that! I didn't see any with Jesus painted on them saying support Jesus! 
 Later in the day I was talking about that and saying how I wouldn't ride on that bus, I'd rather walk first. I do not support the LGBTQ+ agenda. This was of course met with indignation and anger. I was asked why I didn't support that. I stated simply I oppose it on moral grounds. I went on to explain that it didn't have anything to do with hate, nothing to do with wishing anyone harm or in any way interfering with their life. I explained how I don't like Lima beans either, and will not support them! For me not a hard concept to understand at all.
 The conversation changed rapidly, and I just let that drop. I am still a bit confused though. If I don't support something I am being told I'm wrong for that. But I'm hearing that from someone that doesn't support what I'm saying. Shouldn't they be wrong for that? I mean what's the difference? We all pick and choose what we will support or not. If you are supporting something I disagree with I still won't support that. If asked, I will tell you I don't support that. Heck, I'll tell you even if you don't ask. 
 It's important to understand I didn't say I wanted the bus repainted; or that I wanted the bus disabled or destroyed in any way. I didn't say others shouldn't ride on that bus. I said simply, I wouldn't ride on that bus, preferring to walk rather than support that cause. Well, because it isn't a cause in my eyes, it's simply a moral choice on the part of the individuals involved. I firmly believe it is wrong and no one will ever change my mind about that. 
 I just don't get it. I hear this mostly from all the people calling for boycotts of every product that doesn't align with what they like or support. Those people organize marches and rallies, buy advertisements on social media and generally make a big fuss. Why? Because they don't support something, like child labor or animal abuse. All of that is just fine, noble and empowering. Yet, when I say I don't support LGTBQ+ activities I'm the bad guy, I'm a terrible person, probably a Nazi or a MAGA guy! I'm homophobic as well. 
 Now I hear that is just about love. Yeah, I know and that isn't what I'm not in support of. I fully support loving thy neighbor as thyself. But that doesn't include having intimate relationships with that neighbor. And let's be clear about that, that is the real issue here. That is what others don't support, including myself. I have male friends that I love same as I love female friends. I'm not sleeping with all of them! It's a moral choice and one I share with those people that I love. What you are doing in the privacy of your home is your business! I do not believe it needs to be advertised on a bus to elicit my approval. All that does is irritate me. Call me whatever you like but I have this funny little quirk. If I care about you, I will tell you the truth. Also, do not ask me a question unless you want my honest answer. Only my wife can do that. The dress looks beautiful, and the evening meal is fit for a king. 
 I do not support putting anchovies on pizza, or pineapple for that matter, although I do enjoy fresh pineapple. It isn't about hating something it is about making a choice. You can make your choice but have no right to insist I support that choice. I don't care how many others say, I support LGBTQ+. I don't care how many others jump off a bridge. I'm not doing either one! Not about hate, about choice. Strangely when others make a choice to kill an unborn child no one is saying that is hate, it's a choice. But that is also a moral choice, isn't it? I don't support that either. I will continue to say that it is wrong no matter how many laws are passed, or protests held. I don't care what name you wish to apply to any of that, I don't support that. 
 I am somewhat amused by all the letters. I'm old enough to remember when those folks where just called queer. It simply meant that they were different from others. And yes, they are, comprising about 7% of the population in the latest polling. Of course, you have to factor in the "it's the in thing" the latest fad as it were. Yes, some of that is solely from cultural influence and "supporting" that. Just another cry for attention and it's working! Then it was very bad to say they were queer, very bad. So, we had to delineate their preferences. Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transsexuals, and the queers! But that wasn't enough either so a + was added in case you wanted to have sexual relations with someone or something else. And I'm expected to support all of that. No, I don't. None of those actions are my choice and I don't believe anyone else should make that choice either. Still, they are those that want the anchovies and pineapple on their pizza. They are wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment