Friday, February 16, 2024

Novid

  Listening to my medical reporter on the morning news, I mentioned her yesterday as well, she was talking about those people that haven't contracted Covid over the last two years. She said those people are being called Novids. I just had to smile at that as I am a Novid and so is my wife. My smile faded a bit as she explained that researchers don't have any explanation for that but mostly, they are old people. Yeah, that's me alright. I'm old but I haven't gotten covid! I listened to a few of their theories. One of them is perhaps, because of my advanced years I have been exposed to various coronaviruses and built up an immunity to this one. I'm thinking maybe it is because I haven't received any vaccine to weaken my defenses. But that is just my non-medical judgment of the situation. I've know quite a number of people that have received that vaccine, several boosters, wore masks and all that, and had covid 19. But that's just coincidence I suppose. Not very scientific.
 When I was a child, I had whatever shots and immunizations that were required by law. Then I joined the Navy and received whatever shots and immunizations the government felt was necessary. When I was a kid, I didn't have a choice and when I was in the Navy, I didn't have a choice about that either. Okay, I could have refused and been discharged for disobeying a lawful order. Yes, in my days in the service you followed the orders of your superior officers and legal authority or else. I wouldn't have had to walk the plank, but my career would definitely have been over. After retirement I had a choice. I haven't received any immunizations, vaccines, or any of that stuff since 1991. No flu shots, no pneumonia shots, no shingles, no covid, no boosters none of that. And as a result, I have become, a Novid. And that means I don't need to take Plaxovid! That's the latest drug I'm told I should be taking if I get a sniffle or cough. 
 Some will say I just jinxed myself. I don't believe in any of that nonsense, trust the science I say. I may get that Covid one day, no telling. I could get hit by a bus or win the lottery. Lots of things that could happen. I will say this much. I'm 100% certain if I had used any of those in home testing kits that the government was giving away, I would have tested positive for covid. That was, after all, their intended purpose. Fuel the paranoia, trust the government. I wasn't buying any of it, in fact, I wasn't taking it for free. Some will say I'm an anti-vaxxer! Wasn't long ago when getting that label put you on the far right, probably A Trump supporter. Turns out I'm neither of those things, I'm a Novid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment