Sunday, February 12, 2023

Just waiting

 Waiting on luck or fate? It seems to be what a good many of us are doing in this world. We are the everyday people, the unnamed masses, the status quo. We go to work, raise our families, participate in social activities and charities. We do what we feel are the right things, the decent things and wait. We aren't the ones "out there" attempting to sell ourselves to the world. We are not convinced we have any special talents or abilities. You won't see us on the news, on viral videos or the subject of discussions. We are just waiting on luck or, is it fate? It's my thinking that the terms are interchangeable. 
 Fate awaits us all. There is no escaping that, no changing that at all. That is something I believe wholeheartedly. Que Sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. That being the case, luck is what remains. Are you fated to be lucky? Well now that's another point of discussion isn't it. Does fate control all things? Yeah, you have to say it does. The thing is what controls fate? That is where religion enters the picture, or superstition. For some folks they are the same thing. As for me I believe you have to have something to believe in, something you can trust. How you define that is up to you, it's an individual thing. I think depending upon the strength of your convictions that may be a singular thing or require an assembly of like-minded folks.
 The important thing to understand is that we decide what to do with fate or luck! That is the part of free will that often escapes detection. We tend to blame bad luck for bad choices. Sometimes we blame good luck for our bad choices as well. As for fate we can't control that, all we can do is accept it. That doesn't mean we surrender to it though, just that we accept what it is. Our fate may be to change our circumstance, to alter our course, to make a difference. If we do nothing and things change, we call that luck. If we act and things change, we take credit for that. We don't call that luck. If we do something and it doesn't go the way we had anticipated, we often say it was just bad luck. Funny how that works isn't it? Is it fate when we are successful? 
 I'm thinking that none of that matters. I think we are all waiting on luck or fate. Some of choose to wait passively, while other take a more aggressive approach. Is it ego? Ego is Latin for I. If you believe you can change fate, change your luck, change your circumstance, ego has to be involved. It is only the degree of trust we place in ourselves, in our own ego that determines the approach we take. The most difficult person to convince should always be yourself! Others will call that self-confidence while others will simply say you are arrogant. Still others will say you lack self-confidence. It all concerns what Freud talked about with the Id, Ego, and your Super-ego. I haven't read a great deal of his theories or thoughts but I believe there are only two, right and wrong, good and bad. I do know he said the Id is your basic desires and that's as good a word as any for that and the ego is conciousness. He said that the super-ego is concerned with morality. I would eliminate that super-ego as a seperate state and just say your ego is in conflict with reality. Reality is your basic desires. It's different for every one of us. 
 But I'm not a trained pschologist. I find it amusing that we say that in the first place, trained. Trained implies you haven't given the subject/action much thought, you were simply trained to respond in a cerain fashion. Your master decided upon the action to be taken. When it comes to how people think I really don't believe you can define any of that. I'm also amused that had I chosen to attend a University and attain letters the words I write would carry more weight. I'm amused because I don't thinkyou can teach this stuff. Guess that's why they are trained. LOL. But I did enjoy the comic strip the Wizard of Id. Even as a kid I understood that humor. At leasst it made you think about it. 

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment