Wednesday, June 10, 2020

when that happens

 I've been saying it for a while now, there can be no discussion. As I listen to the news and all the pundits chattering that is being confirmed. A discussion requires the exchange of ideas and there is no exchanging of ideas today, it is just one side screaming, and the other side expected to listen in total agreement. Indeed I see the shaking of heads, the mumbling and murmurs of, I'm sorry, and meaningless gestures. There can be no discussion because one side has already decided all the answers. Any deviation from those answers will be construed as a concession. It will be just further evidence of the inequality! That's because the only way equality will be achieved is when the balance has shifted. Everyone wants equality until they have it. Whenever equality is achieved that is the point where injustice breeds. The feeling begins to fester, someone else has an advantage over us. It isn't fair. It makes no difference what is being measured, race, creed, religion, wealth, power, influence, talent or whatever, it makes no difference. Once you perceive yourself to be equal, you begin to look for the ways you are better, that's human nature. The one feeling oppressed, the one feeling slighted in some fashion, will find an excuse for that failure. It ain't my fault, that's also human nature. There can be no discussion about that. 
 The proof of that is in my writing of this at all. I have dared to mention this, to point something out. I'm quite certain I will be labeled for doing so. I will be told that I don't understand, I lack empathy, and in short, I'm just wrong. Further more I will be told I'm the problem. Why is that? Because I'm not agreeing with all the answers that's why. I am not assuming the blame for what is wrong in the world. I am not professing I can change all of that, by agreement. No, I'm not listening! Thing is, I hear you, I hear the cries the justice, I hear the cries, I just want to be treated like everyone else, but I'm not everyone else. I deserve special treatment! Let me tell you why. That is where the list begins, the search for the reason. I wrote a blog some years back concerning this same topic, long before all this unrest that we are experiencing today. I called those people looking for those reasons. BUTIMAHS. Pronounced, But I'm Ah. And we have all meet those folks, they are everywhere, in every walk of life. Whenever they want anything, they should receive that because, butimahh. Butimah veteran, police officer, emt, school teacher, handicapped, short, tall, skinny, fat, black, white, Hispanic, rich, poor, in a hurry, a senior citizen, younger, older, whatever. There is always a reason.
 Can you have a discussion with those folks? No, you can't. You may stop them from going to the head of the line but it won't be through reason, through discussion. Consider I'm in a hurry. Can you convince that person through calm and reasonable discussion that you are as equally in a hurry? No, their emergency is always going to come first! Yup, human nature. Consider also when you do capitulate, give in to the other person. What feeling does that give you? A feeling of superiority is the answer. Yes, I'm the better person. I could have treated you equally, but I allowed you to get special treatment. You got something a little extra. I allowed that. So you see I am the better person. You're happy because of that. Equality? Yes we all want to be treated equally, until we are. Don't you hate it when that happens?  Need proof of that? Read the United States Tax Code.  

No comments:

Post a Comment