Tuesday, January 30, 2024

irritated

 I saw on Facebook where some people are upset about seeing Taylor Swift during the football game. I've seen others complaining about Taylor Swift in general. The headlines proclaiming people are irritated. Well, I'm irritated too, but not with Taylor Swift. She's a celebrity and the cameras are going to focus on her, stories written, pictures posted. There are those that love to see that stuff about her. I'm not irritated by that. It isn't surprising in any way. 
 So, what irritates me? I'm irritated with almost every commercial these days showing mixed-race couples, gay couples, and all that. Guys holding hands and kissing each other, images of their "marriage." Yeah, it irritates me. I realize that stuff exists, I get it, you're attempting to make it mainstream, the normal thing, the expected thing but guess what, it isn't! All this trans stuff too! Irritating. Keep your personal business to yourself I don't want to hear about it. Irritates me.
 You know what else irritates me? All those commercials taking about "seniors." Let me fill you in on something, I'm over fifty, most of my friends are over fifty, and none of us are feeble minded, incontinent, suffering from low T or depression! We don't need to wear a life alert around our neck, we don't need extra-large letters on our phones equipped with an emergency button! We are not concerned about living our "best life" in an assisted living facility or senior center. I don't need a place for Mom. And I don't wear cardigan sweaters, Velcro closure shoes, or have hearing issues. And yes, I can walk to the mailbox! And don't get me started on stairlifts, jazzy scooters and all that crap! Oxygen generators and getting all those vaccines and boosters because I could die any second. Yeah, irritating. I may be over fifty but I'm not a helpless, doting old codger! 
 You know what irritates me? When our politicians start insisting anyone under the age of 25 shouldn't be subjected to the criminal justice system because their brains aren't fully developed! The same politicians passing legislation saying I have to seventy years old to receive full social security benefits. The same government studies saying my life expectancy is 78 years. Yeah, that irritates me. According to the advertisers once I reach fifty, I'm just about over. I can have dementia, high blood sugar, heart attacks, strokes, and any number of maladies! None of which should prevent me from going to work until I'm seventy! If I'm the average guy, I'll get to collect those benefits for seven years! Seems like a hell of a deal. 
 Irritates the hell out me when you have thousands streaming across the border that will begin receiving benefits two weeks after they get here. They don't need any identification, any medical records, no social security numbers, nothing at all except their hand held out. Yes, it irritates me. Then I'm being told I should provide all these services to help the poor migrants/refugees. But let me be late on the electric bill and the power is shut off! I've thought about moving to another state, but the government isn't providing me with airplane rides, busing, or housing when I get there. Yes, it irritates me. I should push one for English. Irritating. I should pay to teach people English as a second language. No, you should be learning English as your first language if you are living here. That's irritating. Don't understand what I' saying, figure it out for yourself Amigo. Yeah, I'm irritated.
 I'm irritated when I hear the requirements to join the service are being lowered because they can't get qualified people to join. So just who is going to be in the military? Thousands of young able-bodied men are streaming across the border with no skills, no education and no jobs. You figure it out. Where is their allegiance going to lie? They aren't willing to stay and fight for their own homeland, what are going to do for ours? Irritated. Then I'm going to be told I only have these concerns because of systemic racism. That irritates me. When the majority rules the majority gets their way. It doesn't have anything to do with racism, it has to do with votes. When the votes don't go your way, you can complain all you want, but the majority has spoken. I'm irritated when people holler about equality but expect special treatment. Everyone wants to be to be treated equally until they are! 
 I'm especially irritated when American troops are attacked and killed. American citizens are attacked, killed and taken hostage and the response is, we don't want to start a fight! Well, no one wants a fight, but you start it, I'll finish it! Operation Desert Sabre took four days! Desert Shield/Desert Storm lasted six weeks. That's how you answer that! I'm irritated that we haven't done much of anything but slap at their wrist and ask them to please stop that. Turn a few of those Houthi bases in Yemen into parking lots and get their attention! Yeah, I'm irritated when our commander in chief responds with, stop that and we are getting mad at you. Sounds like mommy saying, now don't do that Johnny, it isn't nice. When I was growing up you just got smacked down! And that's what irritates me, why haven't we just smacked those Hothi's into next week! It's not going to be a war when you have nothing left to fight with! I'm taking you out. It's an itch I'm going to scratch. It's irritating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment