Saturday, May 27, 2023

Speaking up

  Are the conservative voices in America beginning to speak up? I'm talking about the everyday people that usually just go about their business without getting involved in political matters. Those folks aren't just the blue color workers, although I guess they would compose the majority. I say that after having read about the boycotting of target stores. I wasn't aware of the issue and so went to the internet to find out. I was amazed that it was so difficult to just get a straight answer, no pun intended. All I was able to figure out was it had to do with pride month and some merchandise offered for sale and their bathroom policy. Sales have plummeted and their stock value has dropped significantly. Conservative voices? I'd say so, look at Bud light as another example of that. I wonder if those voices will speak at the polls in the same manner. Being a conservative myself I certainly hope so.
 It's interesting to note however that conservatives are being labeled as domestic terrorists. Consider those parents that attended the school board and parent/teacher associations concerned about the curriculum. Some were placed on FBI watch lists! What did they say or do? They spoke out against the Trans people, the gender identity folks and whether children need to see and read sexually explicit books in grade school! Indeed, some of that material being introduced in pre-school and kindergarten. Conservative voices speaking out. It's all about this so-called LGBTQ+ community. The 14% insisting that the 86% endorse that choice. And yes, it is a choice. You can choose how to respond to any situation, any need, any desire, any impulse you have. It's your choice! That doesn't mean everyone else has to choose that or like it for that matter. Personal preferences should be kept personal. Yes, we assume people are heterosexual because, well, 86% of the time they are. That's all there is to that. And that 86% will usually tell you that any other choice is wrong because, well, that's what they believe. 
 Will boycotting products or businesses change any of that? No, I don't believe it will at all. I remember when the NFL was going broke because they were being boycotted. They are doing just fine; the stands are full. Same with Nascar, Rodeos, and whatever else. But the boycotts do serve a purpose. They are the projection of what the people are thinking. In this age of virtue signaling the flags are being raised. You could say it began with the gay people and their rainbow flag. They flew that flag to show pride in their choice. I'm still not quite sure what it is they are proud of, but whatever. And then came all the ribbons! We should all wear ribbons to show our support, to signal our virtue to others. Remember when we were supposed to wear a safety pin? That was to show we were a safe person to speak to, we wouldn't hurt your feelings or disagree with your choice. We use different color lights to do the same thing these days. A blue light to support law enforcement and purple to support mental health or illness, I'm not clear on that one. Guess I'm supposed to acknowledge that you're nuts and that's okay. Whatever.
 As for me I will continue to fly my American flag without shame or apologies. That's the virtue I will signal. I support the United States of America! I believe Americans come first. I believe your personal choice of a partner is just that, your choice. I don't need to know about that, I don't need to read about that, and I don't need to support that. I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman. That's because a marriage creates a husband and wife, that is what is declared. Now a civil union may give a couple the legal basis for a "marriage" with its' benefits of taxes and life choices, and that, to me, is the real reason for that. It doesn't mean I hate anyone or that I'm homophobic! A phobia is a fear, I'm not afraid. And most importantly I believe that 86% is still the majority! The majority rules and gets to decide on what is allowed and what isn't. The 14% that don't like that, well, that's just too bad, that's the way it works. 
 Now I believe that the vast majority of conservative people just go about their business without much fuss. They will speak their minds, their truth, and defend that. Those same people will generally just move on with their lives without bothering anyone else. Well, that is, until they are pushed. They are also the people that will fight when they have to. Conservative people will not boast, make threats, and pontificate for hours on end. No, when pushed they will simply strike back! And I'm thinking that is what we are seeing now. Theses boycotts are the people speaking up in a louder voice. The conservative side of America is getting fed up with all this nonsense. Things are getting out of hand. My hope is that it continues at the polls and all those elected officials, on either side of the aisle that support any of this get the boot! Enough is enough. A convention of the States combined with a renewed sense of purpose and patriotism. That's what I want to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment