Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I was just thinkin'

I had a wonderful time last night sharing photographs and memories with some old friends. Thanks to the miracle of modern technology these people were all over the country but gathered somehow by chance on the social networking site Facebook. Wonderful these new terms we throw about, Social Networking Site, Upload.Download,what is the URL ? I even scanned an old picture to my drive(computer hardware not the driveway) and almost instantly got to share.
It did occur to me however that a great deal of my more recent photos are either on my drive or in a storage device ie: floppy disks,compact discs of memory card (sd) You all know what those items are. I could even back them up online for a fee.
Now my thought was this. We all have those musty old photo albums with our pictures in them.some we even got from our parents and grandparents. Will we still have our pictures to share with future generations. Will the hardware devices still be easily acessibe to read our storage devices ? I had to buy a external reader for my old floppy discs.
It would be a real shame to lose so many memories to the future generations. So I say this,

Get Prints made of all your best shots and don't forget to write who they are or what they are ! I have some very old shots with no clue as to what or who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment