Thursday, August 19, 2010

How cool is that !

This is my very first blog. I had read a blog posted by someone from my hometown and thought how cool is that. A small town girl putting her thoughts on the world wide web ! Wasn't long ago if a non famous person got heard at all it was usualy not a very good thing or it was something exceptional. Us middle of the roaders never got heard.
At any rate I have always enjoyed running my mouth and now I have a bigger audience to express my thoughts and memories too. I am hoping for a readership of more than 2, figure my wife might read it,and someone else. I see where you can "monetize" your blog. That is where you allow hem to post ads on your blog and you recieve some money. My thoughts and memories are not for sale ! Well.how much will you pay?
I will start my blogging by saying a little about myself. I grew up in a small town. Most all the stores closed at five. We didn't have McDonalds or Burger King or any other fast food place within about ten miles.One movie theater,that showed one movie. You could walk or ride your bike anywhere and not have to worry about being mugged or your bike stolen. We had heard of these things happening but that was in the city. In reality it was a lot like Mayberry ! Hope you guys reading this remember the Andy Griffith show . Except for the time between Memorial day and labor day things stayed pretty peaceful. I no longer live in this nice little town. High prices and the outsiders drove me away. Where is this you say, Well it is East Hampton,New York .
Gasp ! Yes the "Hamptons" No we are not all rich. No we don't have parties every day. Yes we wish you all would just go away !
Well,that is todays installment. Not much but a start. Check back for further comments,memories and random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment